Search

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Get ready for Windows 7 RC with this FAQ

While I have been working with Microsoft Windows 7 for quite some time now, I downloaded the Windows 7 Release Candidate on May 5, 2009, just to experience the procedure. While I was an early bird downloader (I actually began my download at 11:45 p.m. on May 4 and let the download progress as I slept), the download went off without a hitch, and from what I’ve heard so far, there hasn’t been a repeat of the crash that took down the Windows 7 Beta download servers in January. The installation also went very smoothly, and this RC version of the operating system is amazingly responsive and very stable.

In this edition of the Windows Vista and Windows 7 Report, I’ll present you with a brief Windows 7 RC FAQ combined with some of my initial experiences. In the coming weeks, I’ll continue to focus on various aspects of the RC version of the operating system.